Monday, March 19, 2012

Purpose.

Dear Daughters,

My name is Chelsy. I'm 19 years old and I am a Daughter of the Most High King. This wasn't always the case for me, and by no means do I deserve this awesome gift. Growing up I struggled with sexual sin, misuse of alcohol, terrible attitudes, but worst of all a terrible view of what my purpose was. To me, having a guy was the only thing that mattered. Especially in middle school, I struggled and fought for the attention of others, especially any guy who promised me affection.
I wish I could say one day the light hit me and I turned over a new leaf and became this awesome woman, but that's not my story. I've not been saved for about 5 years. My first year of salvation was spent locked in sin, not realizing this new life called for a new way of living. The next two to three years were spent battling this sin.
This portion of my life is the most significant point I want to discuss. For the longest time I felt trapped in my sin. Even though I wasn't doing things "nearly as sinful" as before, I still felt guilt and shame plaguing my heart, and so much temptation I felt I could never be free from. In was in this period of the time the Lord began to shake my foundations more and more.

Daughters, this blog has a specific purpose:
It is to help you relate to someone for once.
To be real about where we have been and not be ashamed or proud, but realize what the Lord has done/will do.
To instill confidence and hope.
Lastly, to run into His arms and be the Daughter He longs for you to be. (Knowing our real purpose.)

The point is this: We are Daughters of a very prestigious God, who loves and cherishes and desires only our good, who longs to see us turn to Him. We are not what the world says we are.

Chelsy.


No comments:

Post a Comment