Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Thankfulness.

Dear Daughters,

Today you won't be called out by me to change everything that you are, get your act together, or start praying for all the things that are wrong about you to be better. Today you'll be asked to check your heart, if you think these things will save you.

I have found, very recently, that my prayers have turned into good works. I have been so focused on needing to make myself better and because of that my prayers only centered around requests for myself to change. Not praise, not lifting up friends and family, not awe. Prayers of please do this and that. I never realized I was forgetting to awe the Creator, I was using my prayers as a form of good works. But I really never believed anything I was praying could be done, because I felt too messed up to fix.

I didn't understand God doesn't want to "fix" us, He wants to heal us. He wants to have relationship with us. He does do sanctifying work (Phil 3:12-16) and we should not stop praying for Him to move in our hearts.

However, I've realized there are two types of joy, old joy and new joy. New joy is when we pray for something and it happens and we are thankful. Old joy is when we remember the joy from the past- answered prayers, past events, etc. I believe a big problem with our praise is that we only focus on new joy. We forget to remember the things He has already done.

Today my only request from you is to stop dwelling on all the things you think are wrong in your life and in your heart and start praising Him for the many things that He has done. He deserves praise. Not someone who always asks and never says thank you.

We are the 10 leapers who come to Jesus to be healed. He sends us out with a requirement (a request He has in order to heal us) and we go away with exactly what we asked for. But let us not be like the 9 who never return to say thanks. We must be the one humble enough to return and praise Him, for He is worthy.

I love you all and my heart burns for you,

Chelsy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment